The Goddard Foundation Scholarships ($3,000) are awarded to students who are continuing their education in the healthcare industry, including: medical, social work, physical therapy, pharmaceutical, sports medicine, and others.
Who is eligible
- Graduating public high school seniors who are residents of Bridgewater, Brockton, East Bridgewater, Easton, Raynham*, Stoughton, and West Bridgewater.
- College students who are pursuing an education in the healthcare field and are currently enrolled in a 4-year program OR 2-year program at an accredited college/university. Applicant’s home address must be in one of the seven towns served by the Foundation (as listed above.)
*Raynham applicants must be a student of Bridgewater-Raynham Public High School.
- Fully completed Goddard Foundation Application.
- Official academic transcript. NOTE: MUST come from your high school guidance office or college registrar’s office and have an official school seal. Copies will not be accepted.
- Essay topic (maximum of 250 words): “The mission of the Goddard Foundation is to educate, fund and support the general health of the community. How can you relate to that mission, and how do you intend to advance it over the course of your career?”
- Seniors must also include a copy of their college essay. (Two essays required for High School seniors.)
- A teacher recommendation is required (a college recommendation and or reference letter is acceptable).
- Deadline is April 1, 2024.
- Apply online, download a paper application, or obtain a copy of the application from your guidance office.
- Scholarship award winners will be notified by mail with instructions as to how to receive award funds.
- High school applicants: this is a second semester scholarship which will be paid at the beginning of the student’s second semester at college.
- Award winners will be chosen based on grades as well as demonstrated financial need.
- Students who are 18 years of age or older must personally contact The Goddard Foundation office with questions regarding their scholarship application and/or award.
- All awards are at the discretion of The Goddard Foundation Scholarship Committee.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for a scholarship.