Due to the current state of emergency, the deadline for scholarship application submissions has been extended to May 1st.
The Goddard Foundation Scholarships ($3,000) are awarded to students who are continuing their education in the healthcare industry, including: medical, social work, physical therapy, pharmaceutical, sports medicine, and others.
Who is eligible
- Graduating public high school seniors who are residents of Bridgewater, Brockton, East Bridgewater, Easton, Raynham*, Stoughton, and West Bridgewater.
- College students who are pursuing an education in the healthcare field and are currently enrolled in a 4-year program at an accredited college/university. Applicant’s home address must be in one of the seven towns served by the Foundation (as listed above.)
*Raynham applicants must be a student of Bridgewater-Raynham Public High School.
- Fully completed Goddard Foundation Application
- Official academic transcript. NOTE: copies NOT accepted, must be official with school seal. Must include your final grades to date.
- Essay (maximum of 250) topic: “The mission of the Goddard Foundation is to educate, fund and support the general health of the community. How can you relate to that mission, and how do you intend to advance it over the course of your career?”
- A teacher recommendation is required (a college recommendation/reference letter is acceptable).
- Deadline May 1st, 2020.
- Apply online
- Scholarship award winners will be notified by mail with instructions as to how to receive award funds.
- This is a second semester scholarship which will be paid at the beginning of the student’s second semester at college.
- Award winners will be chosen based on grades as well as demonstrated financial need.
- Students who are 18 years of age or older must personally contact The Goddard Foundation office with questions regarding their scholarship application and/or award.
- All awards are at the discretion of The Goddard Foundation Scholarship Committee.