What We Fund
Since 1996 The Goddard Foundation has awarded undergraduate student scholarships and graduate student scholarships to students pursuing degrees in healthcare and service-based fields.
Grants are provided for organizations that are working towards improving the general health and well-being of the community. Currently grants are available for local organizations and programs. The amount of a grant will be at the discretion of the Board of Directors, but will generally run between $5,000 and $20,000 annually.
The Goddard Foundation Scholarships ($2,500) are awarded to students who are continuing their education in the healthcare industry, including: medical, social work, physical therapy, pharmaceutical, sports medicine, and others. Applicants must be a resident of Brockton or one of the surrounding towns of Bridgewater, East Bridgewater, West Bridgewater, Easton or Stoughton.
Judge Robert S. Prince Scholarship ($5,000) will be awarded to an undergraduate Junior or Senior in college or a graduate school student or applicant who has been accepted for admission to graduate school. Applicants must be a resident of Brockton or one of its surrounding towns (Bridgewater, East Bridgewater, West Bridgewater, Easton, Stoughton.) The selected student will be one who has shown exemplary commitment to community service on a local, regional, national, or international level, and who exhibits dedication to a career path which is service-based.
Here are just a few examples of programs the Foundation has supported with grants and donations over the years:
- Health clinic providing medical care to the underprivileged
- Educational programs, such as CNA training
- Health-related issues and services, such as adult daycare
- Visiting nurses
- Educational tutoring program for homeless children
- Healthy eating and living educational program for children
- Donations to local schools for wheelchairs, defibrillators, vision screening equipment
- Programs offering substance abuse treatment